Hardware e Software > Connessioni ADSL/VDSL/FTTC
Is There Any Hope......
SilverDesertRain:
I have a DSL 302T modem which was giving me trouble (Getting disconnected very frequently) so I updated it with 300T firmware but the same problem. I learned a lot from the Italian forums using Systran (I don't speak or understand Italian...sorry) I then updated it to 500T with the GT701-WG-Recovery tool. I then wanted to experiment so I updated it to 502T then tried something else but in the end by modem died. It will not connect to the ethernet...only the power led is on.
Anyway I bought a brand new DSL 302T modem and updated it with the latest Russian Firmware for 300T. Then I wanted to change it to 502 T or 500T but I couldn't do it. My modem is dead now but it connect to the ethernet port and I can communicate with it through Telnet but it won't start.
I have tried everything that I know but it wouldn't start. Maybe the new modem is protected because the flash will not erase. The IP of the Modem for some reason is 10.8.8.10 and not 10.8.8.8. or 192.168.0.1 etc
I have gone again into the forums and found a tool called CICLaMaB. The version 1.9.96 works for me but the version 2.0.1 does not...maybe because of the modem IP 10.8.8.10
With the version 1.9.96 I get the following.
CICLaMaB ver. 1.9.96
modem/router info:
bootloaderVersion 0.22.02
flashsize 0x00200000
usb_prod N/A
mtd0 0x900a0000,0x901f0000
mtd1 0x90010000,0x900a0000
mtd2 0x90000000,0x90010000
mtd3 0x901f0000,0x90200000
RETR env
226 Transfer complete.
RETR env
226 Transfer complete.
Parametri impostati:
- Autoload on
- Partizionamento mtd0 e mtd1 per D-Link DSL-300/2T
---------------------------------------------------------------
SETENV autoload,1
200 SETENV command successful
SETENV mtd0,0x900a0000,0x901f0000
200 SETENV command successful
SETENV mtd1,0x90010000,0x900a0000
200 SETENV command successful
SETENV mtd3,0x901f0000,0x90200000
200 SETENV command successful
TYPE I
200 Type set to I.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,1,189,153).
RETR config.xml
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for file transfer.
226 Transfer complete.
TYPE I
200 Type set to I.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,1,189,153).
RETR env
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for file transfer.
226 Transfer complete.
MEDIA FLSH
200 Media set to FLSH.
TYPE I
200 Type set to I.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,1,189,153).
STOR filesystem mtd0
Cancellazione partizione mtd0. Attendere...
550 Flash erase failed.
Il comando è fallito: STOR filesystem mtd0
TYPE I
200 Type set to I.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,1,189,153).
STOR kernel mtd1
Cancellazione partizione mtd1. Attendere...
I just don't know what to do...maybe if I could change the IP address of the modem from 10.8.8.10 to either 192.168.0.1 or 10.8.8.8 will make things work. I don't know much about Linux...only a windows XP user.
Please if anyone can help me then I will be very thankful.
Thanks in advance.
marven:
The IP address wouldn't matter. Anyway you could change it as follows:
At the windows command prompt write the following command:
ftp 10.8.8.10 (don't push enter)
switch off the modem then switch it on and count till 2 or 3 then promptly
push enter
you must see the ADAM2 ftp server login screen
enter "adam2" (without quotes) as login and password, then enter the following commands:
bin
quote MEDIA FLSH
quote SETENV my_ipaddress,10.8.8.8
quote REBOOT
Try again with CICLaMaB: choose 302t partitioning. Don't chose any other partitioning scheme for any reason! That could be very dangerous!
Be careful with firmwares! Don't upload 500t or 502t firmwares on 302t, you could kill your modem; 302t has a 2 MB flashrom, 500t and 502t have a 4 MB flashrom instead.
If you couldn't revive the modem, ftp to ADAM2 again as mentioned above and enter the following commands:
bin
quote MEDIA FLSH
get env
that will download the "env" file on your PC in the command prompt folder, tipically something as
c:\documents and settings\username
Please post the env file content, it could be useful for debugging. Also post the firmware filenames you are using.
SilverDesertRain:
Thanks for your kind reply
I tried the FTP change IP thing...everything was done but after the reboot the modem's IP was still 10.8.8.10
I tried the CICLaMaB but I get the same problem...I have put my IP settings as follows
IP address: 192.168.1.2
Subset mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
This is my ENV file...please note that the modem is 302T which I had updated it with the 300T Russian firmware when it was working.
memsize 0x00800000
flashsize 0x00200000
modetty0 38400,n,8,1,hw
modetty1 38400,n,8,1,hw
bootserport tty0
cpufrequency 150000000
sysfrequency 125000000
bootloaderVersion 0.22.02
ProductID AR7DB
HWRevision Unknown
SerialNumber none
my_ipaddress 10.8.8.10
maca 00:0F:3D:8A:9E:D6
prompt Adam2_AR7DB
firstfreeaddress 0x9401d328
req_fullrate_freq 125000000
mtd0 0x900a0000,0x901f0000
mtd1 0x90010000,0x900a0000
mtd2 0x90000000,0x90010000
mtd3 0x901f0000,0x90200000
autoload 1
usb_vid 0x0
usb_pid 0x0
usb_man N/A
usb_prod N/A
usb_serial 00:0F:3D:8A:9E:D7
usb_board_mac 00:0F:3D:8A:9E:D7
usb_rndis_mac 00:0F:3D:8A:9E:D8
crash
In my old modem I had upgraded the modem into 500T and 502T with 300t 302t 30xt@500t_by_ArTiKO versione FORZA C and 302T_to_502T_recovery_tool (nsp.ar7wrd.squashfs.img & ram_zimage_pad.ar7wrd.nsp.squashfs) but this was done with the GT701-WG-Recovery tool and not CICLaMaB.
This new modem will not work with GT701-WG-Recovery tool for some reason.
As for the firmwares I have the following:
1- 300t 302t 30xt@500t_by_ArTiKO versione FORZA C
2- 302T_to_502T_recovery_tool by Zwanky
dsl30xt_to_500t_20050715_066test1_adsl2_firmware (This one killed by last modem !!!...now it is not connecting to the computer...the Ethernet port doesn't detect it !)
3- dsl300Tto500T_241204_03rc3_firmware
4- DSL-300T_FW_v1.00B02T02.UK.20040618
5- DSL-300T_V1.00B02T02.RU.20050422
6- DSL-302T_EU
7- DSL-500T.V1.00B02T02.RU.20050223
8- DSL-502T_FW_v1.00B02T02.UK.20040611
Please help me...I just can't figure it out my myself. I have read most of the forum discussions but there isn't a solution there.
Is there a way to fix the old dead modem ? Or should I throw it in the trash....
Thanks for your time and help.... :)
marven:
--- Citazione ---dsl30xt_to_500t_20050715_066test1_adsl2_firmware (This one killed by last modem !!!...now it is not connecting to the computer...the Ethernet port doesn't detect it !)
--- Termina citazione ---
Unfortunately you are not alone... :(
That firmware is bugged, all few forum's users that tried it they killed their modem, but for what I know they revived it in a way or another...
The first thing to do is to discover if adam2 is still alive...
If you used the tiupgrade utility inside the package, probably the adam2 address is changed to 192.168.1.1... try that IP
For the other modem, in the env file everything seems OK... maybe also the mtd3 partition has some recording problem.
Try
1) Put the following network settings and try again with Ciclamab
IP address: 10.8.8.11
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 10.8.8.10
2) a hardware reset
3) Have a config.xml file (it doesn't matter which), connect again to adam2 and send the following commands (it causes an mtd3 reset in the config space only, hopefully that stress could "awake" the recording function of the env part of mtd3):
bin
quote MEDIA FLSH
put config.xml "config.xml mtd3"
quote REBOOT
Let me know if you can get a shell prompt via telnet, it could be usefull for other tries.
About the firmwares, the most appropriate for the 302t is the Zwanky-Danyduck version:
http://digilander.libero.it/danyduck/fs_zwanky-danyduck.img
which is the Zwanky fw + integrated emule fix script.
As for the Zwanky fylesystem the kernel must be the original 302t one.
SilverDesertRain:
Thanks again for your kind help... :D
As for the old modem...well it is completely dead becuase the computer doesn't recognize it (A network cable is unplugged), all you get is the power status lead on.
Even if Adam2 is still alive, he is trapped in the garden of DSL-302T for the rest of the eternity... Don't know if Eve is there with him... :D
Now for the new modem well I tried the FTP with the config.xml but I get the same problem...modem is still dead.
I tried using the CICLaMaB ver. 1.9.96 but the same problem...the new version of the CICLaMaB doesn't seem to work with me for some reason.
As for a shell prompt via telnet...I don't know much about telnet let alone a shell prompt... :unsure:
Is it possible that the modem a new version and it protected from firmware upgrades...500T etc...?
Thanks for you time.
Navigazione
[0] Indice dei post
Vai alla versione completa